Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something we have recommended. Please read our full disclosure policy for more details.
If you are a direct sales consultant, you are always looking for an edge – way to stand out from other consultants in your brand. A domain redirect is an easy and inexpensive way to do just that. Whether you conduct business via your company’s replicated website, or via a different channel such as a Facebook group or page, this is a super easy process.
So instead of your business website being brenda.yourcompany.com, your own domain brendasellsthings.com can redirect to your business website, thus creating a piece of intentional and consistent branding. Disclaimer: CHECK YOUR BRAND’S COMPLIANCE RULES BEFORE DOING THIS.
The first method we are going to show you is a basic redirect using a service called Rebrandly.
You’ll need to verify your email, but once you do that you’ll be able to get started. With the free plan, you can use one customer domain (you can either purchase that domain through Rebrandly, or use their tutorial to edit a domain you already own) and up to 1,000 rebranded links. To create a branded link, click on the “New Link” button:
Then follow the prompts and fill out your information:
This is one of the easiest ways you can create a redirect to help your business and branding stand out.
This next process is a little more advanced than the previous method, but the results are more robust and will give you more options.
Step 1: Search for and select your chosen your domain name.
You can purchase a domain from any domain provider – but for the purposes of this example and procedure, we will be using Sassy Suite Web Services. When you get a domain, you will actually be renting it for a specified length of time, and will then have the opportunity to renew your domain when the term expires.
Step 2: You will have the opportunity to add Privacy Protection for a nominal rate.
Privacy protection will shield your name and contact information from public searches, and will prevent spammers and solicitors from contacting you, to offer web development services. Privacy protection is entirely optional. But forewarning, if you decline it, you will end up on email lists.
Step 3: Proceed through checkout.
You will select your length of term for your new domain registration.
4. After checkout, you will have the opportunity to decide what you want to do with this shiny new domain you just registered.
Choose “Connect to an existing site.”
5. You can connect it annnnnnnnywhere! If you are directing to your business replicated site, enter the URL at the bottom.
6. Bam. You just setup a domain redirect. It was literally that easy. Need the link again to get started? Here you go!
Ideas for your domain redirect:
- To a LinkTree, Campsite, or Tap.bio
- To your Facebook page or group
- To your business replicated website
- To any social channel
Examples of my business redirects:
- www.thesocialitesuite.com –> Public Facebook group
- www.brendaster.com –> Brenda’s Sassy Direct link
- www.suitebrenda.com –> Brenda’s Campsite
- www.whoisbrenda.com –> Brenda’s LinkTree
- www.sassywebservices.com –> Web Services site (and the one we just setup in this procedure!)
Comment on this post and share your redirect once you have it setup. It’s so easy to add a big boost of professional presence for a very low cost!