Once I start talking to a direct seller about creating and making her own graphics for social marketing, the question inevitably comes up: “where can I find images I can use?” So, I’ve done some research and decided to put together this huge list of graphics resources for direct sellers.
First of all, do NOT simply go to Google, and grab any image you happen to find and like. Grabbing an image off Google could subject you to legal copyright issues down the road if you are not the original creator of an image and did not obtain proper approval to use or modify it.
Solopreneurs and direct sellers often need to create our own graphics, marketing materials, and social media images.
Where might you want to use stock photography or graphics design elements?
- Blog or website images
- Marketing materials
- Brochures, flyers, rack cards
- Lead magnets
- Quotes graphics
- Social media graphics
- Email marketing
Common Terminology (may vary by site)
- Attribution: Attribution is acknowledgement as credit to the copyright holder of a work.
- Copyright Free: A work that is not protected by copyright.
- Commercial Use: Images said to be for commercial use, can be used for money-making or advertising purposes.
- Creative Commons License: A Creative Commons (CC) license is one of several public copyright licenses that enable the free distribution of otherwise copyrighted work. A CC license is used when a creator wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work they have created.
- Free: Content that is available without fee.
- Intellectual Property: Intellectual property refers to the work or invention that is the result of creativity, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, or trademark.
- Personal Use Only: Images said to be for personal use only, cannot be used in any designs that will be used for commercial (money-making) purposes.
- Public Domain: Something said to be of the public domain, is available to the public as a whole and is therefore not subject to copyright.
- Royalty-Free: Royalty-free refers to the right to use copyrighted material or intellectual property without the need to pay royalties or license fees for the use of the property.
- Stock Photo: Stock photography is the supply of photographs by photographers or creatives, often provided for free or a lower cost than hiring a photographer.
List of Graphics Resources for Direct Sellers
My guess is that you will find some sites become your favorites over others, based on the style of photographs, subject focuses, or general design aesthetic. Bookmark this page and visit often for new links.
- All the Free Stock
- Death to the Stock Photo
- Designers Pics
- Free Images
- Free Nature Stock
- Get Refe
- IM Creator
- ISO Republic
- Jay Mantri
- Life of Pix
- Negative Space
- Photo Stock Editor
- Pic Jumbo
- Skitter Photo
- Snapwire Snaps
- Super Famous
- Adobe Photo Stock
- Canstock Photo
- Creative Market
- Getty Images
- Haute Chocolate
- IStock Photo
- Took a Pic
Free and Paid Fonts
- 1001 Fonts
- 1001 Free Fonts
- Creative Market
- Font Squirrel
- Font Fabric
- Google Fonts
- Font Space
- Lost Type
- My Fonts
- Urban Fonts
Online Tools for Creating Images
- Search Pinterest for “digital paper” or “digital frames” (and I apologize in advance if you fall down the rathole – see you in 6 hours)
- For more information for image copyright rules, please see this FAQ list from StockPhotorights.