On a scale of “what system” to “rocking the content curation” where would you say your content curation workflow lined up?On a scale of 'what system' to 'rocking the content curation' where would you say your content curation workflow lined up?Click To Tweet
If you’re like some of the others we’ve talked to over the past few weeks, then your answer is probably somewhere in the middle: you know you need to find and gather content, and when you put your mind to it, you can usually find really good content. But you don’t actually have a system in place for the express purpose of gathering, filtering, and sharing content with your audience.
But that’s okay!! In this week’s Twitter Chat, we talked about putting together such a system and how it can save you time and headaches. We even talked a bit about some of the tools you can use to put your system together. Here are some of our favorite quotes from this chat:
- A3. Content curation is, in a nutshell, gathering content from around the web to share it with your audience. #SocialMarketingChat
- Q3 – #SocialMarketingChat Can I just say that I LOVE this topic? To me, content curation is pulling together my ideas into a cohesive content plan – graphics, blog posts, topics I want to discuss with my communities, and so on.
- Twitter Lists are an awesome tool for sifting out the rest of the noise on Twitter and just finding the content you’re interested in. We use them too. #SocialMarketingChat
- A8. Add your own voice to it. Just like you don’t want to be the only one talking in the room, you also don’t want someone else doing all the talking. #SocialMarketingChat
- Q8 – #SocialMarketingChat By curating the content as ideas, but then recreating it to make it your own – ex: instead of using corporate images, I make my own. Or instead of using the corporate blog – I’ll write my own post on my own blog.
Check out the rest of the chat below!!